Why we enter the Master Painter of the Year competition
The Master Painters of the Year Awards were presented at the Master Painters New Zealand conference in Australia in September. Every year Wall Treats Auckland Master Painters choose projects from the previous year to enter the awards.
This year, Wall Treats was one of only three Auckland painting companies to receive recognition from the industry – read on to view the homes we entered and find out which awards we won!
The value of entering industry awards
At Wall Treats Auckland Master Painters, we paint some of Auckland’s most beautiful multi-million dollar homes. To ensure we continue to provide the excellent standard our customers expect we need to keep challenging ourselves. And make sure we meet the highest standards of the industry.
Each year new players enter the Master Painter of the Year competition, which provides a fantastic challenge to established entrants such as Wall Treats. The quality of workmanship keeps rising, so for Wall Treats to continue our path of excellence we need to keep improving our techniques. There’s never time to rest on our laurels!
While the quality of the finished project is extremely important, so too is the professional relationship we have with our clients, and their experience of the painting process. We cannot enter projects into the Master Painter of the Year competition without our client’s consent – and no customer will endorse our entry if we fail to provide a positive experience.
What is the secret to our continued awards success?
Regardless of the size of the job, whether it is painting a new build, painting a renovation, interior painting or exterior painting, we have a procedure and a set of standards we adhere to.
- Investing time and effort in understanding our customers’ needs - even before we have secured the job. This means our quotes fully describe how we will meet our customers’ requirements, so there is no confusion or surprises
- Looking after our clients throughout the project. Once our clients have chosen Wall Treats as their painting contractor, our expert Project and Operations Manager cares for the project and the client from start to finish
- Choosing the right technique for the best finish. At Wall Treats we use traditional brush and roller techniques, find out more about why we prefer brushing and rolling over spray painting here
- Having the expert on the job. We make sure our Registered Master Painter (and owner) spends quality time on each site working alongside our team of employees. This means everyone on our team knows the standard that is expected, and that we have a good overview of every project
- The value of experience. We have been painting multi-million dollar homes for over 17 years, and we continue to be the preferred house painter for these homes. We bring that experience and passion to every project
Master Painter of the Year 2019
Once again, Wall Treats did well at this year’s Master Painter of the Year competition, winning our seventh national award since the inaugural awards in 2009.
- Winner Residential Porters Category
- Gold Residential Porters Category
- Highly Commended Residential New Exterior less than 25k
- Highly Commended Residential Rework Character
Remuera – Exterior repaint of character bungalow
Takapuna – Exterior paint of new extension/ Interior paint pf new extension using Porters Paints special effects paint
Thank you to our wonderful clients who allowed us to enter their projects and bring the judges to their homes.
If you want your home painted by award winning Auckland Master Painters who consistently provide excellent workmanship and superior customer service, get in touch for a quote.
Want tips and inspiration? Sign up for our bi-monthly E-News here.